Honor A Student Program
The Monroe One BOCES Educational Foundation is proud to offer the Honor A Student Program, providing recognition for current or former students, as well as support for BOCES staff or students. Money donated to the Educational Foundation to Honor A Student is awarded in the name of the student to a program area. The recipient or donors will designate where the funds will be used within BOCES.
To Honor A Student
What you need to do:
- Select the student to be honored
- Send in donations (minimum of $50) and a completed Honor A Student Application Form to:
Monroe One BOCES Educational Foundation, Inc., 41 O'Connor Road, Fairport, NY 14450
Monroe One BOCES Educational Foundation provides:
- Each Honor A Student honoree receives an official certificate and public recognition at the graduation or year-end event, and
- Funds to the program area, designated by the student or the donors. Funds will be used to support areas not covered by normal funding, such as materials, equipment or future scholarships.
How you benefit education:
- Recognition for the deserving student
- Tax-exempt donations for contributors
- Incremental funds to a program area
Here’s an example:
A parent, educator or a group, selects Joe or Susie Student. This student has overcome many obstacles during his school experience and should be recognized for his/her efforts. The collected funds are donated to the Foundation with a completed Honor A Student application submitted in Joe or Susie’s name. The donated funds will be used for technology, equipment, books, field trips, middle school reading programs, etc. These are areas that aren’t normally funded by the State. The student will be recognized at the graduation ceremony of their department.
For more information on the Honor A Student Program, call (585) 383-2200.