COVID-19 screening process for the new school year
Daily health screening of students, faculty, staff and, where applicable, contractors, vendors, and visitors will be performed to identify any individuals who may have COVID-19 symptoms or who may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus.
- Individuals will have their temperature checked each day, ideally at home, prior to entering any school facility.
- If an individual presents with a temperature greater than 100 F, the individual will be denied entry, or sent directly to a dedicated area prior to being picked up or otherwise sent home.
- Screening is a questionnaire that asks if the individual has:
- knowingly been in close or proximate contact in the past 14 days with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19
- tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- experienced any symptoms of COVID-19, including temperature of greater than 100 degrees F in the past 14 days, and/or
- traveled internationally or from a state with widespread community transmission of COVID-19 per NYS Travel Advisory in the past 14 days.
- Screening will ideally be performed remotely, by telephone or electronic survey which may involve the parent/guardian, before the individual reports to school.
- Otherwise it will be performed on site using the questionnaire, with a temperature check.
- Remote screening will be coordinated to identify individuals who should not go to school, they will be referred to their health care provider for further evaluation and potential COVID-19 testing.
- For those who are unable to complete a temperature check prior to coming to school, on-site screening will be coordinated in a manner that prevents individuals from intermingling with others prior to completion of the screening.
- Screening will be required of all vendors and visitors using the same screening questionnaire and temperature check.
Additional information can be found in this section of the reopening plan.