521.000 Model Schools
- 521.000 RWADA
- 521.001 Base
- 521.010 Training
- 521.020 Instructional Technology Specialist
Contact(s): Christine Treasure (585) 383-6620
- 521.000 RWADA: $3.63 per RWADA
- 521.001 Base: $5691.04
The Model Schools service provides professional learning experiences to enhance student learning through the effective use of technology in the K-12 classrooms. Professional learning focuses on research based best practices. Services are provided by highly-qualified instructional technology specialists – teachers who know how to integrate technology into the classroom and actively engage learners. Through Model Schools, teachers, technology leaders and administrators enhance their technology literacy via regional workshops, webinars, online professional learning and customized in-district support. Model Schools also encourage networking, individual coaching and/or co-teaching in the classroom, working one-on-one with teachers outside the classroom and envisioning of future technology through regional events. Additional training is available upon request.
This is a mandatory service for districts participating in the Instructional Technology Service (519).
- Communicate annual goals for instructional technology
- Lesson plans aligned to software/hardware purchased which align to specific curricular areas (state requirement)
- Provide appropriate space and equipment for professional learning/workshops when needed
- Collaborate with districts in the development of district-specific professional learning plans
- Provide workshops and support that aligns with district plans
- Creation and implementation of regional professional learning and/or shared projects