What is MCSBA's Purpose?
The Monroe County School Boards Association (MCSBA) is a member-driven organization providing support to public school leaders as they strive to provide an equitable education for all students.
The MCSBA serves its members through:
- Commitment to improving local school board governance;
- Promiting state and federal advocacy positions on behalf of our membership districts;
- Delivering a broad range of leadership development services and training for local school board members and staff;
- Encouraging collaboration with community-based organizations, elected officials and other state and local educational entities in areas of common interest.
To accomplish this mission, MCSBA adopted a number of service objectives:
- Function as a representative body
- Promote legislative positions developed by member district representatives
- Maintain frequent contact with state level decision makers
- Help members exchange information and develop their boardsmanship skills
- Provide inservice and data regarding labor relations and negotiations
- Develop coalitions with others seeking the same objectives