605.122 Admin-Core Data Privacy and Security
Service Code: 605.122
- Chargeback code 605.123
Contact(s): Dan Fullerton (383-2281)
Charges: $18683.14 per district
This service provides training, guidance, and support to districts in their implementation and maturation of their cybersecurity and data privacy efforts, as well as facilitation of tools designed to enhance those efforts. This service supports districts in protecting critical data and resources while ensuring compliance with NYS Education Law 2-d.
Examples of tools utilized through this service include, but are not limited to, specific anti-malware systems, SIEM, SOAR, and SOC services, cybersecurity training and assessments, vulnerability and penetration testing, cybersecurity consulting, business continuity and disaster recovery preparedness, regulatory compliance and risk management tools, software and data inventory tools, and event mitigation and resolution. Enhanced network monitoring services such as SmartCentre and Network Managed Services are outside the scope of this service.
This is a mandatory service for component districts.
- Core Participation
- Designate a Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Attend and participate in user groups and cohorts
- Adhere to laws and regulations related to cybersecurity and data privacy
- Facilitate user groups and collaboration between districts
- Contract administration, license tracking and invoicing
- Provide collaborative guidance and resources