Welcome to The Multi-Occupational & Focus Foods Program!
We are excited to have this site open and available for your use as a resource and additional line of communication. Our students work hard to provide products and service each and everyday!
Basic class objectives:
- Students are expected to actively participate
- Attendance is extremely important!
- We expect that everyone is treated with respect
- All students must maintain a safe and healthful environment by complying with the kitchen safety procedures and wearing the proper uniform.
- Lastly... Let's make learning fun!
Typical topics in the first half are; but not limited to:
- The Successful Food Service Employee
- Social Skills for Employment
- Learning Styles
- Identifying Current Skills, Self-Evaluation & Goal Setting
- Daily Routines and Expectations
- Kitchen Lay-Out & Equipment
- Recipe Interpretation
- Equipment Identification & Proper Use
- Safety in the Kitchen
- Food Safety
- Listening & Communication Skills
- Personal Hygiene
Food Preparation Highlights are, but not limited to:
- Knife Cuts
- Quick Breads
- Yeast Breads
We are looking forward to a fantastic year of learning!