A Branch of Regional Programs and Services
Regional Programs and Services offers interpretation and translation services to districts in more than 60 languages on an as-needed basis.
Interpreters are generally used in the following situations:
- parent/teacher conferences
- CSE or other district meetings
- NYS testing/proctoring of exams
- testing and assessment for special needs
- open houses
Translators are generally used in the following situations:
- exams (students who compose their answers in their native language)
- school district forms and letters e.g. notification of student receiving ENL services, IEP's, school lunch forms, etc.
- intake and registration procedures
- testing and assessments for special needs
Interested in becoming a language Interpreter/Translator?
If you are interested in becoming an Interpreter or Translator for Monroe One BOCES, please complete the Independent Contractor Information Sheet for Interpreter/Translator and email it along with a resume to Annette Christensen and Kisha Albarran.