Monroe One Teacher Center
About the Teacher Center
What We Believe
We believe that all students can achieve at high levels when instruction is engaging, important and relevant. We know that in order to build the capacity of our educators, we must give them opportunities for leadership. We help develop leadership skills in our educators by providing them with the training and resources they need to lead study groups and workshops that focus on improving student and staff knowledge and skills.
Who We Serve
The Monroe One Teacher Center serves our teachers, related service providers and paraeducators at our internal programs. We also support our 15 Linden service providers who work with our component districts.
To foster the professional and intellectual development of Monroe One BOCES teachers, staff, and community in support of New York State and BOCES’ goals and priorities.
1. Improve the quality of instruction by providing opportunities for professional growth for all staff members.
- Study groups (PLCs and action research) and workshops
- Mentor Program
- New Staff Orientation
- New Educator PD
2. Create a collaborative culture by providing opportunities for peer interaction and by developing a collegial environment for all staff.
- Study groups and workshops
- Mentor Program
- Outstanding Educator Awards
3. Address the needs of all staff at different stages of their careers by providing opportunities for reflection and inquiry.
- Study group and workshop data collection and evaluation
- Mentor program (teacher mentors) self-reflections and logs
- Mentor Program data analysis
- New Educator PD assessments
- Monroe One needs assessments
- Program evaluations
In compliance with Open Meeting Laws; below are the dates and times of our Policy Board meetings. For meeting links or meeting minutes, contact Jodi Coniglio: firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 29, 2020 3:15-4:15 Zoom
November 17, 2020 3:15-4:15 Zoom
January 12, 2021 3:15-4:15 Zoom
March 9, 2021 3:15-4:15 Zoom
May 25, 2021 2:00-4:00 Zoom