Education Law 2-D
In the spirit of complying with its obligations under the law and continuing to provide software programs, online applications, and data storage services, Monroe One BOCES has entered into contracts with certain third-party contractors. Pursuant to such agreements, third-party contractors may have access to student data and staff data as defined by law.
For each contract the Monroe One BOCES enters into with a provider, and where the third party contractor receives student or staff personally identifiable data, the following information will be included:
- the intent for which the student data or staff data will be used;
- a published agreement that the third party contractor will ensure that the subcontractors, persons or entities that the third party contractor will share the student or staff data with, if any, will abide by data protection and security requirements;
- the disposal of data that contains personally identifiable items;
- a process for parents, students, staff who wish to challenge the accuracy of the student data or staff data that is collected; and
- the location of data and where it will be stored.
Resources are available on this site that will assist in understanding your rights under NYS Education Law 2-D. An inventory of software that contains personally identifiable data (PII) and accompanying contracts is available at the link below.
If you have questions, concerns, or comments please contact the Monroe One Data Protection Officer at William_Gregory@boces.monroe.edu or by calling 585-249-7241.