For School Districts

How to decide if a Freelance Interpreter is needed

    • The Freelance Interpreting Request Form on this page is intended to request an interpreter for one-time or periodic events, i.e. meetings, performances, and extracurricular activities. This service is available to students or adults that require an interpreter for accessibility.

    • Federal laws, PL 94-142, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 state interpreters need to be provided if requested.

    • Different types of interpreting jobs require different skill sets. One should not assume that because there is an interpreter and/or a signing skills coach in the classroom, they can interpret for an extracurricular activity/event. 

How to request Freelance Interpreting Services

  • Step 1:

    Designate a person in your building to handle the requests. 

    Step 2:

    Complete the following request form two weeks prior to the event/activity:


  • If you have questions, please call Andreana Durkin at 585-249-7012.

Please schedule early!

  • We may be able to cover short notice requests, however requests should be made as early as possible. For example, events that are on the school calendar could be scheduled at the beginning of the school year.