• Anyone who coaches (paid or volunteer) in a New York State public school must hold a valid coaching license issued through TEACH.

    You must have an offer of employment (a school district recommendation in TEACH) in order to be issued any type of temporary coaching license.

    Private School Coaches:

    You apply through TEACH but select the New York State Education Department to evaluate your application. 

    If you hold valid New York State teacher or pupil personnel certification, you do NOT need to apply for a coaching license. Contact the Athletic Director in your school district for more information about the coaching requirements that apply to you.