Program is a partnership with Wegmans, Monroe One BOCES, Lifetime Assistance Inc. (LAI), ACCES-VR, and OPWDD.
An LAI job coach is always onsite at one of the locations.
- Total immersion program
- Interns may be travel trained.
- Classroom Instruction focuses on soft skills necessary for competitive employment.
- Program is for students in their last year of eligibility for school-aged programming or when they are ready to complete school programming.
- Typical Schedule: 1.5 hours of classroom instruction and 4-hour work shift at Wegmans.
- Internships change up to three times a year.
- Goal is to prepare students for competitive employment and independent living.
Location: Carlton Webster Building, Rush-Henrietta CSD and local Wegmans stores
If you are interested in a Monroe One Transition and Employment Program, contact your home district PPS Office/CSE Chairperson.