Creekside School Attendance
New York State Board of Education and Monroe #1 BOCES ATTENDANCE POLICY
- You are required to call the Creekside Office at 585-249-7260 when your child is absent.
- Please call each day that your child is out of school.
- Upon your child’s return to school, you need to provide a written excuse.
All students are required by law to be in attendance at school each day that school is officially in session. However, if you need to report a student’s attendance please follow the following procedures:
- A parent/legal guardian MUST call the Creekside Attendance Office EACH DAY for absences of any reason from school, stating specific reason for the absence.
- Parents are requested to inform their child’s bus drive in advance of the absence when possible.
- A parent/legal guardian MUST call the Creekside Attendance Office if a student is arriving at school late, state the approximate time of arrival and reason for late arrival.
- All students MUST be SIGNED IN at the Creekside Office.
- A note or a phone call from a parent/legal guardian is required if a student has to be dismissed from school early. Please state the time the student is leaving and the reason for early dismissal.
- All students MUST be SIGNED OUT at the Creekside Office.
We Need a Phone Call When:
- Your student is ill (must be called in DAILY). Please state the nature of the illness.
- Your student will be absent for any reason. Please state the reason for absence.
- Your student will be late. Please state the approximate time of arrival and reason for late arrival.
- Your student is leaving early. Please state the approximate dismissal time and reason for early dismissal.
- Parents/guardians are required to provide a written excuse upon the student’s return.
- Written excuses MUST state specific dates and the reason for the absence and include the signature of a parent/guardian.
- NOTE: Your student's absence will be considered UNEXCUSED until a written note is received.