There are two (2) types of dental coverage:
- Single Plan—Self
- Family Plan—Self and 1 or more family member(s)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield is the dental coverage offered by BOCES.
- The dental plan is a Closed Plan—meaning you must join within 30 days following your first day of work, or you may not have another opportunity to join.
- Dental Insurance premiums are included on your Benefit Summaries.
- Only Single or Family coverage is offered.
- Children are covered up to age 26.
- Dental coverages Do coordinate well! Having two dental plans is worth considering.
- With a Participating Dentist, the plan pays 100% of cleanings, checkups and x-rays, and 50-60% of restorative care, such as fillings, root canals and bridge work.
- To avoid an unexpected bill, it is recommended that employees obtain a pretreatment estimate for an extensive procedure.
- Claim forms (if needed) are available in the Human Resources Office and on this page (below).
- Deductions for Dental are taken on the second pay of each month. Deductions for July and August are taken on the last check of June.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When is my insurance effective?
How often does my Dental deduction come out of my paycheck?
How can I find out if my Dentist participates in BOCES’ Dental Plan?
If I don’t enroll in Dental within 30 days of my hire date, can I enroll in the next Open Enrollment?
When do the rates change for insurance?