There are two (2) types of dental coverage:
- Single Plan-Employee only
- Family Plan
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield is the dental coverage offered by BOCES.
- The dental plan is a Closed Plan—meaning you must join within 30 days following your first day of work, or you may not have another opportunity to join.
- Dental Insurance premiums are included on your Benefit Summaries.
- Only Single or Family coverage is offered.
- Children are covered up to age 19 or age 23, if a full time student. When your child turns 19, you must complete a Dependent Student form.
- Dental coverages Do coordinate well! Having two dental plans is worth considering.
- With a Participating Dentist, the plan pays 100% of cleanings, checkups and x-rays, and 50-60% of restorative care, such as fillings, root canals and bridge work.
- To avoid an unexpected bill, it is recommended that employees obtain a pretreatment estimate for an extensive procedure.
- Claim forms (if needed) are available in the Human Resources Office and on this page (below).
- Deductions for Dental are taken on the second pay of each month. Deductions for July and August are taken on the last check of June.