Types of Medical Coverage
There are four (4) types of medical coverage:
- Single Plan—Self
- Sponsor Plan—Self and 1 person
- Family Plan—Self and spouse and child(ren)
- Head/House—Self and 2+ children
Dependents can be covered up to age 26.
Medical Plans Available:
The plans listed are HMOs so you must select a primary care doctor when enrolling:
- RASHP 2 Extended—($5 copay), $10 for specialists
- RASHP 2 Select ($15 copay)—This plan includes a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) bank plan. Please refer to your union contract for the exact amount contained in the HRA.
- RASHP 2 Value ($20 copay)—This plan also includes the HRA. Again, please refer to your union contract.
Monroe One also offers a High deductible called RASHP 2 HDHP:
- $0 payroll deduction for employees
- National PPO network of providers (may live or use plan anywhere)
- Preventative care services covered in full
- Employee pays 100% medical and Rx costs until the annual Deductible is met (Deductible is $1800/single or $3600/family)
- Employee pays 10% of expenses after Deductible is met (copay for Rx services after Deductible is met ($5/$35/$70))
- Excellus pays 100% of covered services after Out of Pocket Maximum is reached (Out of Pocket Maximum is $3600/single or $7200/family
- Deductible starts over each January 1st
- Health Savings Accounts available for some unions. Check your contract for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When is my insurance effective?
Does my Health insurance deduction come out of every paycheck, even in the summer?
What is an “HMO”?
How do deductibles work with the Signature High deductible Plan?
When can I change Health insurance plans if I don’t like my current one?
Can I transfer to BOCES coverage if it is not Open Enrollment?
I have a domestic partner. Can my partner be on my Health insurance?
What if I already have insurance through my spouse’s employer?
I am under 26 years old and still on my parents’ insurance. What happens when I turn 26 and can no longer stay on their insurance?
When do the rates change for insurance?
What happens with my coverage if I leave Monroe One?